Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Watching Ivy Grow

She's finally here ! After almost a year of 'seriously considering it' and quite a few months of trying to find a litter that rang all the right bells for me - I have my very own beautiful Border Collie girl.

So meet Ivy - she flew all the way from Western Australia to Victoria on Tuesday to start her new life and to begin training in the hope of one day joining her big kelpie brothers in the agility ring. I guess I am now officially flirting with the 'dark side' - a couple of years ago I would have sworn that I was only ever going to have kelpies and certainly not a Border Collie. But as Yasser rapidly approaches 15, I started to think of all the Border Collie qualities that I love in him (although he's not a full blood BC) and the idea of my next dog being a BC really began to make a lot of sense.

I am looking forward to discovering the differences between training kelpies and BC's first hand as our training journey progresses. And Atilla and Cruz love her so far, which I did worry about in the beginning.

So expect lots of photos - once she keeps still - and hopefully some progress reports on our foundation training. At the moment I am just enjoying playing with her and watching her settle in.

No comments:

Post a Comment